Tuesday 26 May 2015

Almost time to meet you little one!

Wow time flys when you are having fun! I can literally count on my hands now how many days until we meet our baby boy. That is unless he decides that we would like to meet us earlier and come out on his own terms, otherwise it will be a caesarian on Thursday 4th June 2015. Coincidently this is the exact same day that my sister from another mister (my bestie Jodi) had her baby girl last year too! We must of conceived on the same day and everything despite us having IVF! 

So our two little bundles of joy will be exactly 1 year apart & I couldn't be happier. Also adding to this years baby news, 4 of my friends are expecting from between September & December of this year so my boy will have plenty of play friends (& importantly I will have lots of mummy friends to have coffee catch ups with!!). 

Anyway right now we are just playing the waiting game. I've been on maternity leave for just over a week and am just starting to relax. I've finished the nursery and have got my creative hat on making some cool wall hooks and burp cloths. 
 
Here's a peek at what's been happening. 


I'm really happy with this little corner of the Nursery, although I love the whole room to pieces! Just need hubby to hang my super bunny print which I won from minimi store and we're all set! I went a bit print crazy in this room... I have prints from My Little Lovebird, Alma Custom Designs, Buggyboo & Minimi Store! I also purchased some hanging stars from Essi & Co which I'm hoping get delivered this week. I got the wall stickers from The Wall Sticker Company, shadow boxes from Target, shelves, cube & curtains from Ikea, the lamp shade, Mr Wolf pillow and a few other bits and pieces from KMart, my favourite most amazing chair is from House & Garden... An expensive purchase but one I will never regret! 



This is my favourite spot in the nursery to just sit and ponder my thoughts. Soon I will be feeding in here!! 

This is the WIR that hubby built for me. He turned our old pantry into this amazing space! What's better is that it fits everything (so far) including the pram! 

Me at 37 weeks with hubby. I didn't want a pregnancy photo shoot because my belly is covered in stretch marks. So we took this one only and I must say that it's pretty amazing! 

These are the cool wall hooks I'm making for the nursery & for some friends. Just need to paint eyes on the bunnies and get hubby to drill the back together and we are done! I chose black, white, gold & grey. They look great! 

Finally these are the burp cloths that I'm making.. If you know me then you know that I don't sew.. In fact I got my sewing machine for my 30th bday last year and it's still in its box! But my intentions were always to learn, and this week I shall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment